This website, jazzjournal.co.uk (the “site”) is owned and operated by Jazz Journal (hereafter “JJ”), which can be contacted by email. The terms “you” and “your” refer to the user of the site. Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set out on this webpage. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use this site. If you continue to use this site you agree to comply with and be bound by the terms and conditions as published and varied from time to time on this webpage. Please check here periodically for any changes to the terms and conditions.
Privacy and cookies
All of the content on this site, now or in the future, is owned by or licensed to JJ or other authorised third parties and is protected from unauthorised use, copying and dissemination by copyright, trademark, publicity and other laws and by international treaties. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions or on the site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any material in any manner without the prior written consent of JJ or such third party as may own the material or intellectual property displayed on the site except that any single excerpt not over 100 words from any article produced by a JJ contributor may be copied and used for publicity purposes without seeking prior consent. Any such excerpt must be accompanied by mention of “jazzjournal.co.uk” or “Jazz Journal”, such mention hyperlinked to https://jazzjournal.co.uk if the excerpt is published online and by the words “jazzjournal.co.uk” or “Jazz Journal” if it is published in print. Unauthorised use of this site or its content may result in a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Links to third-party websites
This site, its newsletters and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites which are not under the control of JJ. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. JJ does not accept any responsibility or liability for the consequences of your use of any website arrived at by following a link from this site and the inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation of or endorsement of the views expressed on the linked website.
Limitation of liability
JJ, or the contributors to the site, or any other party responsible for the creation, production, maintenance or distribution of the site shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages (including but not limited to loss of profits, business, anticipated savings, goodwill, use of data or other intangible losses) that result from the use of and reliance on the site; from the inability to use the site; from any products or information advertised on the site; from any errors, omissions, termination, suspension, interruption or deletion of files or email, viruses, delays, defects or failure of performance of the site.
Disclaimer and indemnity
(1) The information contained on this site is for general information purposes only. It is provided on an “as is” and “as when available” basis to users. You use the site at your own risk.
(2) Every reasonable effort is made to keep the site online and running smoothly. However, JJ takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond its control. In no event will JJ be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use of the website.
(3) You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe anyone’s rights or inhibit their use of the website. By using this site you agree to indemnify and keep indemnified JJ from and against all claims, damages, expenses, claims costs (including without limitation reasonable legal fees) arising in any manner from your use of this site other than in accordance with these terms.
(4) While every reasonable care is taken to publish accurate information, neither JJ nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this site for any particular purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and that JJ expressly excludes liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
(5) Any party supplying material for consideration of review or soliciting review of any performance automatically indemnifies JJ and its staff against any and all liability, costs and other consequences arising from the publication and dissemination of any review or part review of that material or performance. Any party submitting any letter for publication automatically indemnifies JJ and its staff against any and all liability, costs and other consequences arising from the publication and dissemination of such letter or part letter.
(6) JJ writers offer their opinion of material submitted for review, taking care to maintain factual accuracy. Where any error of fact occurs it will be corrected on being reported to the editor. Neither the editor nor JJ necessarily agrees with opinions expressed by contributors, users or correspondents.
Jurisdiction and governing law
Your use of this site and any dispute arising out of such use of this site is subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising shall fall exclusively within the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.